Annual meeting changes announced
As our Member Appreciation Night and Annual meeting approaches, we want to make you aware of changes that we have been working on the past few months to enable more of you to become involved in the director voting process and to streamline the registration process for those joining us September 8.
We realize that giving up an entire evening is hard for many, especially those with young families. So this year we are introducing mail-in and online director voting prior to our meeting to engage those of you unable to attend.
Here are the main points we want you to be aware of regarding these two options:
- Ballots, including candidate bios, and return envelopes will be mailed to all members in early August.
- Returned ballots will be mailed directly to a third-party vendor experienced in the election process.
- This ensures security and total confidentiality of all ballots.
- The company will communicate with the REMC who voted, not how anyone voted.
- Ballots will be accumulated then returned to NREMC prior to September 8 to be included with those cast by mail and at the meeting.
Electronic voting using SmartHub
- Simply log-in to the SmartHub page on our website in early August.
- Ballots cast will be electronically transmitted to our third party vendor.
- Ballots will be added to all others cast.
Another big change that those attending will notice is a bar-coded registration process. It is our hope that this will speed up the registration lines. Members will have their registration card scanned at the registration tables – no preregistering will be needed. If you forget the card, we can still look up your name and register you. If you have not voted prior to registering, you will receive a ballot to vote during the business meeting like in past years.
If a member attempts to vote more than once, the first ballot cast counts as the vote. A vote cannot be changed. Only one vote per membership will be allowed. Representatives from our third party vendor will be present at the meeting to oversee the process for us and to accumulate and count all ballots. Once ballots are combined and counted they will notify us of the winners and winners will be announced at the end of the evening.
We look forward to seeing you on September 8. These changes, coupled with the entertainment we are having this year, will hopefully create an enjoyable evening for all of you. Mark your calendars now and watch your mail in early August.